Canada's metals & mining industry saw a drop of 17.5% in overall deal activity during September 2019, when compared with the last 12-month average, according to GlobalData's deals database.
A total of 33 deals worth $383.35m were announced in September 2019, compared to the 12-month average of 40 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 28 deals which accounted for 84.9% of all deals, followed by private equity with five deals which accounted for 15.1% of overall deal activity in the country's metals & mining industry.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in Canada's metals & mining industry with total deals worth $368.39m, followed by private equity deals totalled $14.96m.
Canada metals & mining industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining industry deals accounted for 94.6% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $362.7m, against the overall value of $383.35m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Osisko Gold Royalties' $254.73m acquisition of Barkerville Gold Mines
- The $53.08m acquisition of Core Gold by Titan Minerals
- Pretium Exploration's $41.3m asset transaction with Osisko Bermuda
- The $7.55m acquisition of Legendary Ore Mining by Lakefield Marketing
- RCF VI CAD's private equity deal with NorZinc for $6.04m.